Mission & Vision
The FIRST Impact Award is the most prestigious award in FIRST® Robotics Competition.
Please note that from 1992 – 2022, this award was called the Chairman’s Award. As such, for teams who won during those years, you will see references to the “Chairman’s Award.”
The award recognizes a team that reflects sustained excellence and impact within the FIRST community, in its own community, and beyond. These teams act as ambassadors by sharing their legacy as Hall of Fame members. They serve as role models and resources for other teams while educating the public in support of the FIRST mission.
The FIRST Impact Award (formerly known as the Chairman’s Award) preserves the vision that FIRST Robotics Competition is about more than just building robots; it’s also building the people who will change the world. We celebrate these award winners and their transformative impact through the FIRST Hall of Fame.
FIRST® Hall of Fame Mission
The FIRST Hall of Fame is a FIRST affiliate group of Championship FIRST Impact Award and Championship Chairman’s winners committed to preserving the mission, culture, and history of FIRST while celebrating the Hall of Fame teams. “Engage, teach, and inspire” teams to pursue excellence in the FIRST Impact Award process.
- Serve as a resource for feedback for FIRST, judges and teams
- Work as stewards of the culture, working with HQ to provide input for new rule and policy changes.
- Promote Gracious Professionalism and the mission and core values of FIRST
- Support FIRST team programs and judges with feedback on new and revised initiates
- Educate the FIRST community on the contributions of the Hall of Fame teams (e.g. via the website) Help the memories live on and celebrate excellence!